Welcome to the Town of Waldoboro's web site. Individuals who visit this site are important to us. Because visitors to our site are important, we do not capture personal information about them without their permission. We endeavor to collect only the minimum amount of information needed to respond to public inquiries and to provide the public with information about the Town of Waldoboro.
All information collected on the Town of Waldoboro's web site will be treated the same as any written communication and is subject to the confidentiality and public disclosure provisions of 1 M.R.S.A. Chapter 13.
Identifiable Personal Information is information about a natural person that is readily identifiable to that specific individual. This may include: name, street address, e-mail address, telephone number, password, or any combination of that data that could be used to identify you such as your birth date, zip code, etc. When you visit this web site, no information will be collected from you or about you. Personally identifiable information will not be collected unless you voluntarily send an e-mail message, fill out and send an online form, or fill out personal information and send in a survey. We will not release or share information that is not required by 1 M.R.S.A. Chapter 13. Your choice not to participate in these activities will not impair your ability to access certain information; however, it may impair your ability to use some of the services offered on this web site.
We may collect some or all of the following information about visitors who view or download information from our website:
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our web services and help us understand how people are using our services. We analyze our website logs to continually improve the value of the materials available on our site. The information in our website logs is not personally identifiable, and we make no attempt to link it with the individuals that browse our website.
- Date - Date the visit occurred.
- Time - Time the visit occurred.
- Client IP - Unique Internet Protocol (IP) address of the website visitor. The IP address recorded is normally that of the visitor's internet service provider.
- Server IP - Unique Internet Protocol (IP) address of the Town of Waldoboro web server accessed.
- HTTP Status - Hyper Text Transfer Protocol (HTTP) error code.
- HTTP Request URL - Identifies the web page or file requested by the website visitor.
- Bytes sent - Amount of data sent from the web server to website visitor during that connection.
- Bytes Received - Amount of data sent from website to the seb server.
- User Agent - Type of web browser or other client software that made request to the web server.
- Referrer - Uniform Resource Locator (URL) that referred to the requested file.
- Protocol Version - Version of HTTP used by the visitor's web browser software.
E-mail messages, sent to any municipal address, will be treated the same as any other written communication. They may be subject to public inspection or legal disclosure and may be saved for a period of time before they are destroyed. E-mail or other information requests sent to the municipality may be maintained in order to respond to the request, forward that request to the appropriate agency or department, or to provide the web designer with valuable customer feedback to assist in improving the site. E-mail addresses obtained as a result of a request to this website will not be actively sold or given to private companies for marketing purposes, unless required by law.
Cookies are small text files that a web server may ask your web browser to store, and to send back to the web server when needed. Cookies may be used to store a transaction identifier or other information a user may provide. The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies or how to disable cookies altogether. You can refuse the cookies or delete the cookie file from your computer by using any of the widely available methods.