The Office of the Town Manager is committed to providing exceptional services which enhance the quality of life for our citizens. This official website is yet another avenue to accomplish this goal. If you have a question about Town services, or wish to express your opinion on an issue of importance to you, please contact the Town Manager. Functions of the Town Manager include:
- Implementation of policy decisions made by the Board of Selectmen,
- Make recommendations to the Board of Selectmen for the efficient and effective operation of the Town,
- Oversee the operations of the Town,
- Prepares, implements, and monitors the Town budget,
- Appoints, with Board of Selectmen approval, all Department Heads and supervises their performance,
- Acts as Personnel Officer for the Town Employees, and
- Acts as Purchasing Agent for the Town.
The Town Manager's Office consists of professional, administrative and clerical support staff who respond to the needs of the Waldoboro community, the Board of Selectmen, and the organization.