John Lash, Police Chief
- Phone: 207-832-4500
Melody Tracy, Public Safety Secretary
- Phone: 207-832-5369
The Waldoboro Police Department provides 24-hour police services to the businesses and residents of the Town of Waldoboro. These services are provided with a staff which consists of a Police Chief, a Sergeant, a detective, four full-time officers, a School Resource Officer, four reserve officers, and a public safety secretary.
We have four police cruisers to patrol our streets and respond to calls and one police bicycle used during special events and near the schools. We also utilize an ATV to patrol the trails of the town.
Although our primary function is to maintain law and order and to protect the lives and property of the citizens of our community, we are often seen performing other types of community services. Some of these services include:
- the shellfish management program;
- the animal control officer;
- business checks at night to ensure a shop owner has not forgotten to lock their business;
- working with our youth in and around our schools;
- checking on the elderly;
- delivering emergency messages when a person does not have a telephone;
- participating in committee meetings regarding community improvement,
- and more!