The Town of Waldoboro

'Home of the Five-masted Schooner'

Office Hours

Town Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Town Office Phone:

Town Office FAX:

We're located at:
1600 Atlantic Highway
P.O. Box J
Waldoboro, ME 04572

Click here for a map.

The Select Board

Clinton E. Collamore, Chair (2017) 

Phone - 790.3114

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

CLICK for BIO / Picture

Jann Minzy, Vice-chair (2017) 

Phone - 832.4774

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

CLICK for BIO / Picture

Robert L. Butler (2019)

Phone - 832.4678

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

CLICK for BIO / Picture

Abden S. Simmons (2018)

Phone - 832.6586

CLICK for BIO / Picture

Katherine W. Winchenbach (2018) 

Phone - 832.5131

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

CLICK for BIO / Picture

website security

Search our Site

A Beautiful Sunset over Waldoboro.
An Autumn Day in Waldoboro.
A Lobster Boat where the Big Schooners were Once Built.
Some of our Volunteer Firefighters.
The Fire Department Demonstrating at Waldoboro Day.
Our Public Library has Books, Computers, and more!
A View of the Intersection of Routes 1 & 32. Photo by Jan Griesenbrock.
Wildflowers by the Medomak River.
Trees After a Snowstorm.
The Town Office will be CLOSED Monday, May 29, 2017 for Memorial Day
    A Building Permit is Needed for the Following Activities:
  • New construction of 100 square feet or greater.
  • Structures less that 100 square feet may not need a building permit, but still must meet the set back requirements.
  • Enlargements or relocation of a building or other structure.
  • Building a deck 100 square feet or larger
  • In the Shoreland Zone, all structures (including those less than 100 square feet) and development require a permit
    How Long Does it Take to Get a Permit
  • We will do our best to meet your schedule. Generally, we can issue a permit within 1 - 4 days.
    Activities That do not Need a Permit
  • You do not need a permit for general repairs, as long as those repairs:
    • Do not include additions
    • Are not an addition or repair to plumbing
  • You do not need a permit for:
    • Re-siding
    • Re-roofing
    • Replacing a window
    • Renovating within the structure
    Building Permit Exceptions:
  • Work must be started within 180 days after the issuance of the permit
  • The permit will expire if the work is not complete within two (2) years from the date it was issued
  • Work on the project should not continue after the two (2) year period without obtaining a new permit
    Information Needed on a Building Permit Application
  • A plot plan, or schetch of the lot, showing distance to property lines, other structures, water source, and sewerage disposal system will be necessary
  • There may be other permits or approvals needed by the town, or from State Agencies (i.e. Department of Environmental Protection, Planning Board, Public Works, Board of Appeals, or State Fire Marshall) prior to, during, or after issuance of a building permit by this office
    Electrical Permits
  • Electrical permits are not needed from the Town to wire or re-wire your own house.
  • The work must meet State Electrical Requirements and be inspected by either a Master Electrician, a person licensed to wire homes, or a State Inspector before CMP will provide power
    Plumbing Permits
  • Plumbing permits are required for any type of plumbing work
  • The work must be inspected for code compliance by the Town's Licensed Plumbing Inspector (LPI)
    Installing Fences
  • A permit is not needed to install a fence
  • The Town has no regulations concerning fences
  • We do suggest that you know where your property lines are so that you do not build a fence, either on your neighbor's property, or within the road right of way. The road right of way is larger than the paved road surface, so do not assume that you own to the pavement
    Codes Used in the Town of Waldoboro
  • National Electrical Code, (NEC) published by the National Fire Protection Association
  • NFPA 101 Life Safety Code, published by the National Fire Protection Association
  • The current Maine Uniform Building and Energy Code (MUBEC)
    Approvals Possibly Needed Other Than Building Permits
  • Planning Board, or Board of Appeals
  • DEP permit if the project is near water, wetlands, etc.
  • Plumbing permit
  • Septic permit
  • Town or State Entrance Permit
    Required Inspections
  • Subsurface Wastewater Disposal System inspection when the lowest part of the filter bed is prepared and at the top of the installed devices
  • Any adn all inspections required in the MUBEC code
  • Any internal plumbing will have an air or water test in place when roughed in
  • Final inspection when construction and plumbing is complete

Comp Plan

To stay informed and get involved in Waldoboro Comprehensive Planning Process, visit

Board Openings

The following Boards / Committees have openings.  Click here for more info.

  • Board of Appeals
  • Conservation Commission
  • Marijuana Committee

Learn CPR


Who's Online

We have 28 guests and no members online

© 2016 et al. Town of Waldoboro, Maine