Click "Departments" - "Fire" - "Consumer Fireworks Permit" to get a FREE online permit for fireworks use.
On June 12, 2012, Waldoboro voters approved a new Waldoboro Consumer Fireworks Ordinance (vote 548-427). Here are a few of the changes enacted by the Ordinance regarding to the public use of fireworks:
- Fire works may NOT be used when the fire class danger for zone 1, as designated by the Maine Forest Service, is a class 4 or 5 (http://www.maine.gov/doc/mfs/firedanger/fire.shtml).
- Users must obtain a fire permit from the Town Office or Waldoboro Fire Department.
- Fireworks can only be discharged on property owned by the user.
- Fireworks may not be used on, or within 50 feet of, public property.
- Fireworks are prohibited in the Downtown Business District, Historic Village District, and the Route One Commercial B District (click here for a map).
- Fireworks may only be used between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. (with the exception of Memorial Day, July Fourth, and New Year's Eve, when they can be used from 5:00 p.m and 12:30 a.m.)
To view the Town of Waldoboro Consumer Fireworks Ordinance, CLICK HERE.