The Town of Waldoboro, per the 2010 census, has a population of 5,075. There is a total land area of 73 square miles, making it one of the largest towns in the area. The total water area is around 7 square miles.
There are 103.18 miles of roads:
- 12.55 miles of State highways (maintained year round by the State),
- 29.97 miles of State aid roads (plowed by the Town and maintained by the State),
- 47.87 miles of paved Town roads (maintained year round by the Town),
- 9.79 miles of gravel roads (maintained year round by the Town), and
- 3.00 miles for the transfer station and parks (maintained year round by the Town).
The fiscal year 2016 total valuation is $493,214,500 representing 3,044 parcels at a tax rate of $15.30 per $1,000 valuation. The total appropriation is $7,410,141.90.
Clamming is Waldoboro's largest employer:
- Waldoboro sells more commercial clam licenses than any other Town in the State.
- In 2015, Waldoboro was the State's number one clam producing Town.
- In 2015, Waldoboro harvested 846,460 lbs of clams.
CLICK HERE for more Waldoboro facts.