Dog Licenses are Available
Dog licenses for 2015 are now available at the Town Office. The State of Maine requires dogs to be licensed at 6 months of age, or within 10 days of ownership.
Renewal for dog licensing is due by December 31, 2014. A late fee of $25 will be applied after January 31, 2015.
- Male / Female dogs - $11.00
- Spayed / Neutered dogs - $6.00
- Kennel Licenses $42.00
Winter Parking Ban
The annual winter parking ban is from November 1st until April 1st. The Ordinance reads as follows:
- No vehicle shall be parked at any time on a public way so as to interfere with snow removal or street sweeping operations.
- No vehicle shall be parked on any street in the Town of Waldoboro between the hours of 12:00 O'clock midnight and 7:00 O'clock A.M. from November 1st until April 1st. This shall not apply to physicians on emergency and professional calls.
Board & Committee Openings
The Town of Waldoboro is currently seeking applicants who wish to be considered for appointment to the following Boards / Committees:
Conservation Commission - 2 Positions.
Board of Appeals - 1 Position until June 2019
Planning Board - 2 Positions until June 2017
The Town of Waldoboro
ATTN: Town Manager
P.O. Box J
Waldoboro, ME 04572
...or drop it off at the Waldoboro Town Office.
Recycle Bins for Sale
The Town Office is carrying recycle bins for your convenience. Just like our compost bins, we will be passing these onto you at COST, if you choose to purchase them. You do not have to be a resident to purchase these.
We are stocking these recycle bins in response to many comments from residents who are looking for an easy way to sort their recyclables at home. Remember… recycling is required at the Transfer Station whether you bring your trash there or have someone else do it for you.
These bins are space saving, stackable (with or without the cover on), and have an easy access front flap which can stay open if desired. Each bin is 24” x 18” x 17”.
Set of 3 bins is $42.00 ‘cash and carry’ while in stock. These bins are in stock for your viewing. Stop into the Town Office or call us (832.5369) for more details.
Some Waldoboro Facts
The Town of Waldoboro, per the 2010 census, has a population of 5,075. There is a total land area of 73 square miles, making it one of the largest towns in the area. The total water area is around 7 square miles.
There are 103.18 miles of roads:
- 12.55 miles of State highways (maintained year round by the State),
- 29.97 miles of State aid roads (plowed by the Town and maintained by the State),
- 47.87 miles of paved Town roads (maintained year round by the Town),
- 9.79 miles of gravel roads (maintained year round by the Town), and
- 3.00 miles for the transfer station and parks (maintained year round by the Town).
The fiscal year 2013 total property valuation is $509,128,000 representing 3,042 parcels at a tax rate of $13.50 per $1,000 valuation. The municipal appropriation is $3,650,446.
CLICK HERE for more Waldoboro facts.