Discount Water Park Passes
WALDOBORO REC OFFERS DISCOUNT WATER PARK PASSES
The Waldoboro Recreation Department has received its summer supply of discount passes to Funtown/Splashtown USA in Saco and Water Country in Portsmouth, NH.
Funtown/Splashtown "Combo" day passes for those 48" inches and taller are available for $27.00 each, a savings of $9.00 per ticket!
Water Country single day passes for those 48" inches and taller are available for $32.00 each, a savings of $6.99!
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges. Tickets must be purchased in person via check or cash at the Waldoboro Recreation Department located at the Town Office, 1600 Atlantic Highway, Waldoboro. Discount tickets for the 2015 season are available through Labor Day weekend. Call the Recreation Department at 832-5369 for more information.
Youth Summer Recreation
The Waldoboro Youth Summer Recreation Program provides five weeks of structured activities and field trips for Waldoboro children entering first through seventh grade.
The program is scheduled to run Monday through Friday, July 6th - August 5th, 2015, from 9am-1pm at the Miller Elementary School gymnasium. Registrations for non-resident children will be accepted on a space available basis. Program attendance is flexible, so families can go on vacations and still attend the remaining events when they return. Parents, legal guardians or designated representatives must sign children in and out each day.
There are a maximum of 50 spots available each week. There are many activities and field trips planned for this year. Weekly swimming and hiking trips are planned in addition to other activities around the Midcoast community. Program cost is $30/week per child. (Non-residents $40). Scholarships are available (for Waldoboro citizens only) and may be arranged through the Recreation Department. To register, contact the Recreation Department at 832-5369.
Pitch, Hit & Run Results
On Saturday, May 16th, 2015, 34 children gathered on Charles "Chuck" Begley Field at the Waldoboro Recreation Complex to participate in the Local Level of Major League Baseball's Pitch-Hit-Run Competition presented by Scott's. The Pitch, Hit & Run Competition is a free baseball and softball skills challenge that allows youngsters to showcase their talents in pitching, hitting and running with scores determined by individual performances in each skills event.
- Pitching - Tie: Gabe Lash (Waldoboro) - 150pts. Jacob Winchenbach (Waldoboro) - 150pts.
- Hitting - Gabe Lash (Waldoboro) - 194 pts.
- Running - Gabe Lash (Waldoboro) - 134 pts.
- Overall - Gabe Lash (Waldoboro) - 478 pts.
9/10 Boys Division -
- Pitching - Wyatt Simmons (Friendship) - 150 pts.
- Hitting - Brady Carter (Friendship) - 234 pts.
- Running - Brady Carter (Friendship) - 187 pts.
- Overall - Brady Carter (Friendship) - 471 pts.
11/12 Boys Division -
- Pitching - Aiden Starr (Waldoboro) - 300 pts
- Hitting - Maxwell Moody (Waldoboro) - 316 pts
- Running - Ethan Reed (Waldoboro) - 291 pts
- Overall - Zachary Winpenny (Union) - 758 pts
13/14 Boys Division -
- Pitching - Colby Castner (Waldoboro) - 225 pts.
- Hitting - Colby Castner (Waldoboro) - 154 pts.
- Running - Colby Castner (Waldoboro) - 234 pts.
- Overall - Colby Castner (Waldoboro) - 613 pts.
7/8 Girls Division -
- (no participants)
9/10 Girls Division -
- Pitching - Addison McCormick (Union) - 150 pts.
- Hitting - Madilyn Simmons (Friendship) - 140 pts.
- Running - Madilyn Simmons (Friendship - 237 pts
- Overall - Addison McCormick (Union) - 469 pts.
11/12 Girls Division -
- Pitching - Autumn Ripley (Washington) - 375 pts.
- Hitting - Ella Winchenbach (Friendship) - 154 pts.
- Running - Autumn Ripley (Washington) - 359 pts.
- Overall - Autumn Ripley (Washington) - 846 pts.
13/14 Girls Division -
- Pitching - Tie: Chloe Bossow (Waldoboro) - 225 pts Addie Jameson (Waldoboro) - 225 pts
- Hitting - Addie Jameson (Waldoboro) - 184 pts.
- Running - Addie Jameson (Waldoboro) - 335 pts.
- Overall - Addie Jameson (Waldoboro) - 744 pts.
On Sunday, May 24th. the local champions will have the opportunity to participate in the Sectional Competition at Hadlock Field in Portland. Overall Champions from the Sectional Competition will have their scores compared against other sectional participants throughout New England for a chance to participate in the MLB Team Competition at Fenway Park.
Waldoboro Recreation Director Kyle Santheson said: "This years event was one of our largest ever! Without the support of dedicated volunteers including Carrie White, Maddy White, Matt Lash, Chris Jameson, Josie Jameson, Cindy Santheson, Matt Moody and Richard Vannah, these youngsters might not otherwise have the opportunity to participate.
(photo by Kyle Santheson, Waldoboro Recreation Department) Local Event Champions from the Major League Baseball's Pitch-Hit-Run Competition held at Charles "Chuck" Begly Field in Waldoboro on May 16th, 2015 show off their certificates. Pictured left to right - front row - Ella Winchenbach, Addie Jameson, Brady Carter, Gabe Lash, Jacob Winchenbach, Zachary Winpenny. Back Row: Autumn Ripley, Chloe Bossow, Madilyn Simmons, Addison McCormick, Maxwell Moody, Wyatt Simmons, Aiden Starr, Ethan Reed, Colby Castner.
Recycle Bins for Sale
The Town Office is carrying recycle bins for your convenience. Just like our compost bins, we will be passing these onto you at COST, if you choose to purchase them. You do not have to be a resident to purchase these.
We are stocking these recycle bins in response to many comments from residents who are looking for an easy way to sort their recyclables at home. Remember… recycling is required at the Transfer Station whether you bring your trash there or have someone else do it for you.
These bins are space saving, stackable (with or without the cover on), and have an easy access front flap which can stay open if desired. Each bin is 24” x 18” x 17”.
Set of 3 bins is $42.00 ‘cash and carry’ while in stock. These bins are in stock for your viewing. Stop into the Town Office or call us (832.5369) for more details.
Some Waldoboro Facts
The Town of Waldoboro, per the 2010 census, has a population of 5,075. There is a total land area of 73 square miles, making it one of the largest towns in the area. The total water area is around 7 square miles.
There are 103.18 miles of roads:
- 12.55 miles of State highways (maintained year round by the State),
- 29.97 miles of State aid roads (plowed by the Town and maintained by the State),
- 47.87 miles of paved Town roads (maintained year round by the Town),
- 9.79 miles of gravel roads (maintained year round by the Town), and
- 3.00 miles for the transfer station and parks (maintained year round by the Town).
The fiscal year 2013 total property valuation is $509,128,000 representing 3,042 parcels at a tax rate of $13.50 per $1,000 valuation. The municipal appropriation is $3,650,446.
CLICK HERE for more Waldoboro facts.