The annual winter parking ban is from November 1st until April 1st. The Ordinance reads as follows:
- No vehicle shall be parked at any time on a public way so as to interfere with snow removal or street sweeping operations.
- No vehicle shall be parked on any street in the Town of Waldoboro between the hours of 12:00 O'clock midnight and 7:00 O'clock A.M. from November 1st until April 1st. This shall not apply to physicians on emergency and professional calls.
Waldoboro invites anyone with a Waldoboro-based business or nonprofits to spread the word by displaying goods or services at the Waldoboro town office.
The Town of Waldoboro is proud to have so many unique businesses, so it is offering the opportunity for businesses and nonprofits to display goods and services at the Town Office. There is a display table in the lobby of the office dedicated to showcase a business for a two to four week period. Applications are available at the office and by CLICKING HERE. Additional information about this opportunity, contact Emily Reinholt at 832-5369.
The Town Office is carrying recycle bins for your convenience. Just like our compost bins, we will be passing these onto you at COST, if you choose to purchase them. You do not have to be a resident to purchase these.
We are stocking these recycle bins in response to many comments from residents who are looking for an easy way to sort their recyclables at home. Remember… recycling is required at the Transfer Station whether you bring your trash there or have someone else do it for you.
These bins are space saving, stackable (with or without the cover on), and have an easy access front flap which can stay open if desired. Each bin is 24” x 18” x 17”.
Set of 3 bins is $42.00 ‘cash and carry’ while in stock. These bins are in stock for your viewing. Stop into the Town Office or call us (832.5369) for more details.
The Town of Waldoboro, per the 2010 census, has a population of 5,075. There is a total land area of 73 square miles, making it one of the largest towns in the area. The total water area is around 7 square miles.
There are 103.18 miles of roads:
- 12.55 miles of State highways (maintained year round by the State),
- 29.97 miles of State aid roads (plowed by the Town and maintained by the State),
- 47.87 miles of paved Town roads (maintained year round by the Town),
- 9.79 miles of gravel roads (maintained year round by the Town), and
- 3.00 miles for the transfer station and parks (maintained year round by the Town).
The fiscal year 2016 total valuation is $493,214,500 representing 3,044 parcels at a tax rate of $15.30 per $1,000 valuation. The total appropriation is $7,410,141.90.
Clamming is Waldoboro's largest employer:
- Waldoboro sells more commercial clam licenses than any other Town in the State.
- In 2015, Waldoboro was the State's number one clam producing Town.
- In 2015, Waldoboro harvested 846,460 lbs of clams.
CLICK HERE for more Waldoboro facts.